* Speaking of ipad's. We have one of our new black ipads missing at the moment, actually it has been missing for a number of weeks. The children and I have searched the classroom to no avail. If anybody knows where it could possible be or accidentally taken it home please let me know, or just return it to the classroom no questions asked. It has the number 16/28 written in marker on the back of the tablet.
* This week the children will be doing a spelling test on essential lists 2 and 3 to see what progress they have made over the past month. These results will be recorded so if you want to know how they got on, ask me on Friday afternoon. We will also begin our maths JAM testing to reassess what stage they are on. Running records are also a constant test that I do to assess what reading level is appropriate, ask your child if they have move up a level (only some children had one done last Thursday and Friday)
* Remember on Wednesday morning's we have school singing at 8.45am so if your child arrives to school late they need to come straight to the hall to find our class.
* School photo's - Friday 16th June - our photo time is roughly 9.30am, please note that the close off for ordering school photos is THIS Thursday 12.30pm. After that you will have to order photos directly with Photolife. As it is winter uniforms I believe that school woolen jersey are needed (not polar fleece). If you pay online please clearly state this and ensure you use the stated reference.
* “Lions’ promotion” - Mr Macmillan has been gifted lots of cool rugby merchandise for the up and coming lions promotion game here in Rotorua. To get our juniors using Reading Eggs more over the next few weeks any child who completes 2 Reading Eggs lessons per week will get a entry into the draw to win some of the awesome prizes. The promotion finishes at the end of the term, just before the 3rd All Black Test. So please keep your child going and hopefully we will also see a change in the children’s achievement levels. Their are 3 children in our class who have completed all 121 lessons and they will be automatically entered into the draw for each week.
* The Young Vinnies are collecting non perishable food and good unwanted clothing to help the homeless. Please send in to your class before week 9. Each item donated will be worth 1 house point. The class that collects the most house points overall will have a mufti day just for their class! Lets see if Room 7 can win this!
Here's to a busy week of testing!, Got to love June testing :-)